Final Rummage Sale Date
November 1, 2, 3
CPC Rummage Tradition to End
Presbyterian Women (PW) is sad to report that, after 70+ years of faithful service to CPC and missions around the world, the Rummage Committee regretfully will be ending its work after the Fall 2018 sale.
This difficult decision reflects the realities of an ever-increasing quantity of donated items; inadequate storage space at CPC; a dwindling number of Wednesday workers (and current members aren’t getting any younger!); increased competition from new second-hand stores that are open every day, from more organizations holding rummage sales, and from new businesses doing tag sales.
Rummage Committee has enjoyed and appreciated the support of the congregation throughout the decades. CPC’s rummage sales have been a tremendous recycling project and the source of considerable funds for good works at CPC and the larger community. And, members of the committee have had, beyond measure, the pleasure of fellowship and friendship each Wednesday.
The Rummage Committee hopes to work with PW to consider possibilities for a new project that would have similar goals but a less demanding physical commitment. Stay tuned for further news in 2019.
Presbyterian Women congratulates Rummage on its exemplary service to God’s work in the world. Help celebrate this by supporting the Fall Rummage Sale on November 1, 2, an 3!
Jean McMaken, PW Moderator
Marsha Jackson, Sandra McJimsey, Sue Trow, Rummage Co-chairs
About our Rummage Sale
- The sale is held in the lower part of the church and includes a wide variety of items including children's clothing, women's evening wear, housewares, books, paintings, and more!
- The sale is organized by the Presbyterian Women group. The Rummage Committee meets weekly on Wednesdays to sort, organize and prepare for the sales.
- All proceeds go to local and national Mission work.
How to Donate Items to the Sale
- The church accepts donations Monday-Wednesday between 8am- 3:30pm.
- Please bring your items to the far Northwest entrance (red door down the ramp) and place them on the Rummage Carts that are located down the small flight of stairs.
- If you need a receipt for tax purposes, please stop by the church office (open from 8am to 4pm M-Th and 8am to 3:30pm on Fri.).